Effective immediately these awards will be given on a “as deserved” basis. Be honored, REAL honored.
Man of the Match:
Award is given to the most outstanding player, the player who performs an extraordinary act, or the player who makes the most impact, in a particular game. Man of the Match will be selected by Coach “Broken Arrow” on the Monday following a game.
Award is given on occasion where one or all of the following faus pax acts has been performed by an individual(s) during a game. If an apparent Craptian Act has been performed, at game’s end the award will be given to the identified player(s) at which point the player(s) will be awarded by a ceremonial clap from the team while toasting to his own blunder and drinking a beer. The Craptian Award includes but is not limited to the following:
- Misc Acts of Blooperism
- Self Tripping or Random Loss of Balance
- Own Goals
- Remarkable Missed Goal Opportunities
- Incredibly Botched Plays or Attempts at a Play
- Face Plants
- Ball Strikes to Sensitive Areas of the Body
- Unintentional Turn Overs that leads to Opponent’s Advantage
- Penalties due to Complaining, Crying, Diving or Refereeing
- Exceptional Fouls
- Various Pre Game Activities that lead to Sluggish or Debilitating Performances
- Consistent and Multiple Acts that result in teammates response such as: “Dude?!”, “Come on!”, “Doooh”, Sarcasm, and/or Disapproving Head Shakes